The proper cooking instructions read as follows: 1. Remove noodles from box, do not boil in water. 2. Place noodles in a single layer to cover sauce in a baking pan. 3. Add layer of meat sauce cover with single layer of uncooked Lasagna noodles 4. Add a thin layer of ricotta cheese and seasoning. 5. Repeat the two layers. 6. Top with one more row of Lasagna noodles add extra sauce on the top layer. 7. Cover the pan tightly and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven and bake for 50 minutes. 8. Remove from oven and let Lasagna rest 10 minutes before serving.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please rest assured that the issue is being addressed and the directions should be found on the packaging very soon.
answered 5 years, 9 months ago
World’s Best Lasagna with Olives and Mushrooms.
• 1 pound “Pride of the Farm” Italian turkey sausage
• 1/2 pound “Jenny-O” ground turkey
• 1/2 cup minced onion
• 2 cloves garlic, crushed
• 1 chopped big beef tomato or can of diced tomato
• 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
• 1 cup Heiz ketchup
• 1 cup water
• 3 oz can chopped olives
• 4 oz can pieces/stems mushrooms
• ½ cup sliced cucumber
• 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
• 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
• 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
• 1 tablespoon salt
• 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
• 4 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
• 9 lasagna noodles
• 16 ounces cottage cheese
• 1 egg
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• ½ teaspoon cinnamon
• 3/4 pound mozzarella cheese
• 3/4 cup powder Parmesan cheese
• 1 ¼ cup Colby/Monterey jack
Cook sausage and ground beef in separate pans adding, ½ onion, and ½ garlic to each pan over medium heat until well browned. In sausage pan stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, ketsup mushrooms and water. I season with basil, fennel seeds, Italian seasoning, 1 tablespoon salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons parsley; simmer, covered, for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally. In other pan cook ½ pound ground turkey, add same as above but with olives, mushrooms, ½ cup chopped cucumbers and a little steak seasoning. Optional: add (Saint Chapelle Soft Red wine to sauce)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. To assemble, spread 1 1/2 cups of Italian meat sauce in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Arrange 3 noodles lengthwise over meat sauce. Spread with one half of the cottage cheese mixture. Top with a third of mozzarella cheese slices. Spoon 1 1/2 cups ground turkey meat sauce over mozzarella, and sprinkle with 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Next layer Italian turkey and top with Colby/Jack, add layer of noodles and top with remaining cottage cheese, mozzarella, Colby/Jack and Parmesan cheese. Cover with foil: to prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese.
3. Bake in preheated oven for 1 hr. Remove foil, and bake an additional 10 minutes. Cool for 15 minutes before serving. Serve with Ste Chapelle Ice wine cabernet Franc.
answered 5 years, 10 months ago
- Nampa, ID
I copied this from another site.
Do you have to use more water in sauce when baking oven ready lasagna?
This is all up to you. Some will rinse or soak the oven-ready noodles in salted hot water for a few minutes, some will not.
Your sauce amount should not really change, but you may want to make your sauce a bit more "watery**" and you can use the oven ready noodles in place of regular and vice versa in any recipe calling for noodles.
If making a lasagna be sure to cover with foil so that the edges "steam" and are not hard.
** just simmer your sauce for a less amount of time
BUT - some say you need more sauce - it's all in your preference. I'm a sauce person and I love extra sauce! But it's your choice.
some additional hints -
do not overlap the oven ready noodles and since they are "ridged" alternate the rows having ridges run across and down
you can try this:
2 pounds ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
2 tablespoons sugar
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1/4- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 large red onion, chopped
1 1/4 pounds ground veal
2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
2 cups Chianti wine
2 tablespoons dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme
1 bay leaf
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 pound instant no-boil lasagna
2 pounds fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
1. In a large bowl, mix the ricotta cheese, eggs, sugar, garlic and cinnamon.
2. In a large, deep stove-top casserole or a stockpot, heat the olive oil over high heat and cook the onion, stirring, until translucent, about 4 minutes. Add the veal and brown 2 to 3 minutes, then add the tomatoes, wine and herbs, and season with salt and pepper. Cook over high heat until the sauce is bubbling vigorously and is dense, reducing the heat to medium-low if the sauce is splattering too much, about 15 minutes. Turn the heat off and let sit. Remove bay leaf before using sauce.
3. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Arrange three 9-inch square aluminum baking pans side by side and lightly oil the bottom of each. Put a layer of noodles down in each of the pans, then thinly spread a ladleful of the ricotta mixture over it. Cover with another sheet of lasagna, then a ladleful of tomato sauce. Now put down another sheet of lasagna and a layer of mozzarella, using half of the cheese. Continue until all of the ingredients are used, finishing with a last layer of tomato sauce.
4. Cover each pan with a sheet of aluminum foil and bake 45 minutes. They are done when the cheese is completely melted on top and the sauce around the perimeter is bubbling. Remove, let cool a bit, and serve or let cool completely and freeze. Makes 3 pans of 4 servings each.
Note: These will keep frozen for up to 6 months. Reheat in a preheated 400-degree oven by placing the aluminum foil-covered baking pans in the oven while still frozen and bake for about 1 1/4 hours.
The real secret for a great lasagna, specially one using non-boiled noodles, is cooking time. Set the oven temperature a bit lower at first, and cover the lasagna with aluminum foil. Then leave the lasagna in the oven for at least 30 minutes, preferably one hour, still covered. After that, if you have cheese on top of your lasagna, remove the cover and increase the heat, and keep cooking for a few more minutes for the cheese to get brownish.
answered 5 years, 10 months ago