I have the Singer Simple 2263 and have not yet opened it. Before I do, I need to know these things:
1. Is this a "zigzag" sewing machine with a drop-feed control?
2. Can the widths of the zigzags vary?
3.Does it include an embroidery foot? If not, can one be used with it - where would I get one?
4. Is it sturdy enough to sew onto a towel?
If no's to any of these numbers - would you recommend a machine similar that would have these qualities?
Thank you SO MUCH!!!
asked 5 years, 9 months ago
on Singer Simple 23-Stitch Sewing Machine 2263
1. Is this a "zigzag" sewing machine with a drop-feed control? yes, it comes with a zig zag stich thats pretty awesome haha
2. Can the widths of the zigzags vary? yes, you can chose between 1 and 5 mm
3.Does it include an embroidery foot? no If not, can one be used with it - where would I get one? no its a simple machine for a reason, just to do basic stuff.
4. Is it sturdy enough to sew onto a towel? yes, ive sewed my carpet like material. its a strong machine also! :)
answered 4 years, 8 months ago
- Lawrenceville, Ga
Hi hkrytry: Katie B. here with SINGER Sewing Company.
1. This machine does include a zigzag stitch.
2. The 2263 includes adjustable stitch length & width.
3. The 2263 includes a general purpose foot, buttonhole foot and button sewing foot. You can purchase a Darning & Embroidery Foot thru singerco.com.
4. Yes, this machine includes a Heavy Duty Metal Frame (inside) that makes it very sturdy. This machine can sew through a towel.
answered 5 years, 9 months ago