Pull tabs at bottom, cut string to the length you need if, tie string in a knot & reattach tabs..pretty simple but make sure to leave 1 blade length longer than you need it som blinds cal fall properly..good luck..
answered 2 years, 8 months ago
- B.R., La
there are several videos on how to shorten mini blinds on youtube
answered 3 years, 6 months ago
- Harpers Ferry, WV
The instructions include directions for shortening the blinds. If you have already recycled them, this is the basic process:
1) Extend blinds to their full length and open fully.
2) Remove plugs from bottom rail. I used a butter knife to do so.
3) Remove excess slats with the last one hanging just below your window bottom.
4) Remove bottom rail and insert into the emptied slot below the last slat.
5) Trim all but 2 1/2 inches or so from cords now hanging on bottom.
6) Rethread pull cord through holes provided in the bottom rail. (I found that this cord frayed badly, but melting the end of the tip stopped that from happening and allowed for easier threading,)
7) While keeping the heavy pull cord free, stuff the 2.5 inches of excess cordage on the bottom back into the holes in the bottom rail.
8) Replace plugs, making certain that the pull cord runs through the two slots/indentations provided.
Tip: You can always take out MORE slats, but once cut, you cannot replace slats easily. Better to have an extra slat than to be short one!
answered 3 years, 7 months ago
you just remove the bottom panel then pull out the blades you do not need and retie the cords when you put the bottom panel back on. There is a Utube video that shows you how to do this plus they have a install video also on how to install window blinds.
answered 3 years, 8 months ago
- Denver Colorado