most likely u have a clog in the shower preventing the sink from draining past the shower plumbing.
answered 1 year, 6 months ago
• You could try the Liquid Lighting product after you carefully coat the bottom of your tub with vaseline and preferably remove the metal drain fixture. Remember this is very caustic acid.
• I certainly would first try a less dangerous liquid or powered drain cleaner first.
Other options, if the liquids don't work:
• If you have access to the local bathroom "cleanout"; purchase an inexpensive drain auger (snake) and use it down the cleanout.
• If you can't find the cleanout, get on your roof and find the plumbing vent for the bathroom and run the snake down from the roof.
• You can also try a garden hose down the vent or cleanout, if it has some good pressure.
• The next step would be to rent an electric drain cleaner snake from a local rental yard and try the same.
Be aware, you may not have an internal clog. Often times, roots will find your drain lines and invade them. You may cure the problem for a few weeks or months; yet eventually you will have to dig up the drain line, remove all roots in the area (and maybe the tree as well), then replace the bad section of pipe.
A plumber can sometimes put a camera down your lines to see what's going on. Clogged drains are no fun. Good luck.
answered 1 year, 7 months ago
I had a similar issue.Like with me it's most likely a clog in the main line.And since all the drain lines tie in to it that would make the water come up the tub since the sink is higher up.The clog may be after your tub.I would follow the directions and start with he tub.I had a clogged toilet drain and plunging the toiled made the water come up the vanity sink drain.I poured "Drain Lightning" down the toilet and waited the time in the directions and the darin was cleared.
answered 1 year, 10 months ago
Just buy this stuff (Liquid Lightning) and put it in the tub - will be taken care of in 15 minutes.
you most likely have a clog where the pipe meets further down the line best put a long snake threw the shower or have someone come out i had the same problem but it was my toilet sewege coming out the shower called a plumber for $40 they did the job and came back for free the next day to make sure it was gone , but if you think it hair you should try it
answered 2 years, 1 month ago