Yes, you can do "Speech to Text".
1. Go to the person you wish to text.
2. Tap/Touch in the "open bar", where you would type text.
3. After the "Cursor" starts blinking or is in the Texting area, Tap/Touch the "Microphone" Icon on the bottom left of the Android Keyboard.
4. It will say "Record/Speak". Speak what you wish to text. (it will take a few seconds to translate what you have said).
5. Proof what is on the screen to be sent, as it doesnt always pick up the correct word.
6. If a word or two are "wrong"....touch the wrong word, this will bring up a "pointed box cursor"( you can move the "pointed box cursor" that comes up to the wrong word(s) and "backspace" to clear them.)
7. You can then type the correct word or re- speak it(by Tap/Touching the "mircophone" icon again.)
**You can set up "Speech Recognition" to your voice, and if certain Cuss, bad/dirty words are used, the app will not translate them(you will get the "**" symbol. This has to be "unchecked" in settings to allow total free uncensored "Speech to Text".
answered 1 year, 11 months ago
This phone supports the speech to text feature. Very convenient when using the Google search.