Yes, this phone does have "Swype" on the XT9 Texting Keyboard. It is technically called XT9 Tracing.
To switch to Swype:
1. Go to the person you wish to text, then Tap/Touch the "typing text bar"(this is where the blinking cursor is).
2. Tap/Touch the "Cirlce Icon Key"(Input Options Key) located beside the "?123" key on the bottom left of the Android Keyboard.(this will open up the "Input Options" window. Tap/Touch the words "Select Input Method".
Tap/Touch the words "XT9 Text Input" .
3. You are now ready to "Swype" Text. As you move your finger from key to key you will see a colored line(blue) that follows your finger while "Swyping. (it does have some difficulty with long words. So at the top it will give you words to scroll(left and right) to choose from.)
To return to your Android Keyboard:
1. Tap/Touch and hold your finger in the "Typing Text Bar", this will open the "Edit Text" window.
2. Tap/Touch "Input Method". Then Tap/Touch "Android Keyboard".
3. You are now back to the Android Keyboard and Speech to Text, and out of Swype Mode.
**The Swype is ok, but you will probably need to make a correction here and there on some words**
answered 1 year, 11 months ago
It is not pre-installed on this phone but you can download a free app that enables this function