I did the same thing. In the Messaging area where it says type to compose press and hold until another menu pops up, select input method and select android keyboard. This will bring the microphone back on the keyboard.
answered 1 year, 6 months ago
- Bentonville, Ar
There are a couple way to regain access to you microphone (speech to text feature). Since you have lost the "speaker icon button" on your key board, do this.
If Not In The Messagaing Mode:
1. Tap/Touch the "Middle Grid" icon on the bottom of the touch screen. (this looks like a bunch of little squares that form a "Square". (this opens up all of your "Home Icons"). Scroll till you see the "Settings" Icon(this looks like a Serrated Wheel)
2. This will open your "Settings". Scroll till you see the words "Lanuage & Keyboard" (there will be a "Square Icon w/ an A in it). Tap/ Touch this bar. (this opens up your "Language & Keyboard Settings".
3. Tap/Touch the words "Android Keyboard", under this it will say "Android Keyboard Settings".
4. This will open up your "Android Keyboard Settings", Scroll till you see "Voice Input"(under it it will say "Mic On Main Keyboard). Tap/Touch this bar.
5. You will now be in the "Voice Input" window. Tap/Touch "On Main Keyboard". (your "microphone is now back on your Android Keyboard).
6. Hit the raised Silver button on the bottom to return to your "Home Screen".
7. You are now ready to go to "Messaging" and do "Speech to Text"
If In Messaging Mode:
1. Open up your messaging.
2. Tap as if you are going to text someone.
3. When the keyboard comes up, on the bottom left you will see the "Numerical Button Key". Beside that you will see a "Circle Button Key" ( this is the "Input Options Key". Tap/Touch it.
4. This will open up an "Input Options" window.
5. Tap/Touch the words "Android Keyboard Method". (This will open up the "Android Keyboard Settings").
6. Scroll down to find "Voice Input"(Mic On Main Keyboard will appear under the words "Voice Input". Tap/Touch it.
7. This has now opened a window labeled "Voice Input", Select/Touch "On Main Keyboard". (Your "microphone is now back on your main keyboard, for "Speech to text".
8. Hit your "Home Button". (This is the raised Silver Buttom on the bottom middle of the phone.
answered 1 year, 7 months ago