You can call in and they will port your old number if it is still active and your old carrier will release it.
In most cases, GreatCall is able to port in a phone number from your current carrier. Port-in requests may occur immediately or may take 1 to 3 business days (5 to 7 business days if porting a landline). Port In requests require the following information:
• Service number to be ported in 10 digit number only
• Carrier from which the number is being ported
• Account number from original carrier
• Password/PIN number (if required by carrier and/or if set by yourself)
• Last 4 digits of the account holder’s Social Security Number
• Account holder’s name (billing name w/ current carrier)
• Account holder’s billing address on the account with the prior carrier
NOTE: Please verify the following information prior to the request:
• Account is still active.
• Account is not under contract.
• There are no pending orders; i.e. cancellation orders.
Please note your mobile number may or may not be portable depending on the carrier. Once you provide us with the number you would like to port in we will validate it in our system to confirm it is portable. For immediate assistance, you can call our Customer Service team 24 hours a day/7 days a week by dialing 1-800-733-6632.
answered 1 year, 6 months ago