You need to return it to the company to be fixed . That's what is wrong with my tablet. I think most people who own this tablet have the same problem.
Return it, get a samsung tab2, 7 inch. Our FileMate 7 inch got very hot, it crashed a lot and was very slow. My wife hated it after 2 days so we returned it and got a samsung 2, 7 inch tablet, She loves the new Tablet.
Mine does the same thing only I have to completely reset it when it freezes. Not worth 10cents
Thank you for contacting us. We would recommend the following.
(1) Factory Data Reset.
There are two and only two approved methods. One is through System settings and the second is through the Android recovery screen.
For System Settings
Tap on Apps folder
Tap on Settings
Tap on Backup and Reset
Tap on Factory Data Reset
Tap on Reset Device
Tap on Erase Everything
Here's how to access the Android Recovery Screen
The tablet must be powered off.
(1) It can be connected to its wall charger or connected to a powered on laptop or desktop computer by using the micro-USB to USB.
(2) Please ensure you are inserting the micro-USB end of the cable into the micro-USB port and the USB end into an available USB port on the laptop or desktop computer.
(3) Hold the tablet in such a manner that you will able to depress two different buttons.
(4) The Volume button is one button, but is separated into a Vol (+) and a Vol (-).
(5) Please press the Vol (+) button I, hold it in, and do not let go.
(6) Next, press the power button, hold it in, and do not let go.
(7) Typically, one hand is holding the tablet, while the other hand has one finger and one thumb on the two different buttons.
(8) Hold the buttons down for a approx. 45 seconds or until you observe the screen become back-lit.
(9) Then let go of both buttons and wait for the Android robot to appear.
(10) To access the next menu of options, depress either the Vol (+ ) OR the Vol (- ) button in once and let go to activate the Android Recovery Screen.
(11) Using the Volume Control button, move the menu selection to the option; 'Wipe Data/Factory Data Reset'
(12) Now press the Power button once, and let go to select the menu option.
(13) The next screen should show a list of 'No’s' and one 'Yes' option. Use the Volume Control button to move the line selection to the 'Yes' option and then press the power button once and let go.
(14) The tablet conduct a reset of the firmware and then present an option do a system reboot; when it does, press the power button once and let go, to reboot the tablet.
(15) The tablet will reboot, flash FileMate, then Clear, and then should land on the home page.
Afterwards, please note the following:
Review any and all apps
Ensure that downloaded apps are correctly stored in the Internal SD card, and not on the smaller internal memory. To move Apps to the internal SD card. Please do the following.
Tap on Apps
Tap on Downloaded
Tap on App
Tap on Move to SD
NOTE: This does not mean that the app will be moved to the external SD card if there is one. It only means that the app will be installed the larger internal memory ( SD )
Next. Tap on Google Play app
Tap on Downloaded Icon
Ensure that all apps are not able to auto-update
Next, ensure that pre-installed apps that you are not using are disabled.
To do this
Tap on Apps
Tap on All
Tap on Chrome ( i.e. ) Tap on Uninstall Updates or Disable. Tap on Ok. When you see Enable, you have correctly disabled the app. Repeat and rinse for the following pre-installed apps if you are not using them
News and Weather
Google Play Music
Google Play Books
The less amount of items running or accessing your network the better performance you will receive.
Next, ensure that you are clearing your cache in your browser and email apps once a week, otherwise you will continue to store all the temp files and cookies. Constant storage of the cache and the cookies will consume space and resources.
Lastly, All of this information is not exclusively for the FileMate Clear. These are basic Android operating tips.