My conract with t-mobile is now up. If I go with straight talk, do I have to
cancel t-mobile service, or will s.t. do that for me? I'm interested in the lg
Optimus Showtime smartphone. Also, can I keep my same number?
asked 8 months ago
on Straight Talk LG L86C Optimus Showtime Prepaid Smartphone
MY WIFE HAD VERIZON. SHE HAD TO GO TO VERIZON FIRST THEN GO TO ST. TO TRANSFER NUMBER. REAL EASY GO TO WEB SITE CLICK ON ACTIVATE PHONE, CLICK ON USE MY OWN OR TRANSFEREERD NUMBER. MAY TAKE UP TO 1 OR MORE HOURS TO DO IT. ALSO YOU HAVE TO TEXT/CALL EVERYONE YOU CHANGED CELL COMPANIES BUT HAVE THE SAME NUMBER
No, don't cancel! Get your ST service going, they will switch your number and cancel your service with TM. If you cancel your service first, you won't be able to keep your number. I have the phone you're looking at and LOVE it. My previous phone was an iPhone, and this one is equal at least!
after you change over YOU CANCEL but to take your number with you u must have active number with t-mobile..
Yes, you can port your number to this phone. Your phone number MUST be active for this to work. Once you port your number your previous phone will cease to work, effectively cancelling your plan. Always wise to call T-Mo and make sure though.
Here are the steps to take from a contract device:
1. Call your current carrier to retrieve your account and pin numbers
2. Purchase a $45 Unlimited Card as this will be needed for activation(can be done at time of activation online)
3. Either call Customer Service or go online to Straighttalk.com, click on Activate/Reactivate > Transfer Number. Put the dot in transfer number from another carrier.
4. Enter the required information(account/pin numbers). Be sure to use the same contact info on file with your current carrier.
5. After all activation steps have been completed you will usually have a full working phone within an hour or two.
6. Enjoy your new phone