Actually, there IS a warranty. All phones Straight Talk sell come with a one year limited warranty from the manufacturer and administered by Straight Talk (except Apple products as the one-year limited warranty is administered by Apple).
From their Terms and Conditions of Service:
How to obtain Warranty Service. To obtain warranty service from Straight Talk on a new or reconditioned phone or Straight Talk accessories purchased from Straight Talk or Wal-Mart, please contact Technical Support at 1-877-430-CELL (1-877-430-2355). If your problem cannot be resolved over the phone, our Straight Talk technicians will provide you with a Ticket Number, which you will use to send your phone and/or accessories to the designated Straight Talk Service Center for repair or replacement, at Straight Talk’s discretion.
Terms of Limited Warranty. Straight Talk warrants to you, the Customer, that your Straight Talk cellular phone (“Product”) is free from defects in material and workmanship that result in Product failure during normal usage, according to the following terms and conditions:
1. The limited warranty for the Product extends for one (1) year beginning on the date of the purchase of the Product.
2. The limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser (“Consumer”) of the Product and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent purchaser/end-user.
3. The limited warranty extends only to Consumers who purchase the Product in its original packaging from an authorized dealer.
4. During the limited warranty period, Straight Talk will replace or repair, at Straight Talk’s sole option, any defective Products or parts (except as excluded below), or any Products or parts that will not properly operate for their intended use (except as excluded below) with new or refurbished replacement Products or parts if such replacement or repair is needed because of Product malfunction or failure during normal usage. Straight Talk may, at its sole discretion, replace the Product with a refurbished phone of the same model if available, or if not available, of a comparable model of phone. The limited warranty does not cover loss of personal information, passwords, contacts, music, ringtones, pictures, videos, applications or other content, memory cards, software, defects in appearance, cosmetic, decorative or structural items, including framing, and any non-operative parts. Straight Talk’s limit of liability under this limited warranty is the actual cash value of the Product at the time the Consumer returns the Product to Straight Talk for repair, determined by the price paid by the Consumer for the Product less a reasonable amount for usage. Straight Talk shall not be liable for any other losses or damages. These remedies are the Consumer’s exclusive remedies for breach of warranty.
5. Upon request from Straight Talk, the Consumer must prove the date of the original purchase of the Product by a dated bill of sale or dated itemized receipt.
6. The Consumer shall have no coverage or benefits under this limited warranty if any of the following conditions are applicable:
a) The Product has been subjected to abnormal use, abnormal conditions, improper storage, exposure to moisture or dampness, unauthorized modifications, unauthorized connections, unauthorized repair, misuse, neglect, abuse, accident, alteration, improper installation, or other acts which are not the fault of Straight Talk, including damage caused by shipping.
b) The Product has been damaged from external causes such as collision with an object, or from fire, flooding, sand, dirt, windstorm, lightning, earthquake or damage from exposure to weather conditions, an Act of God, or battery leakage, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source, damage caused by computer or internet viruses, bugs, worms, Trojan Horses, cancelbots or damage caused by the connection to other products not recommended for interconnection by Straight Talk.
c) Straight Talk was not advised in writing by the Consumer of the alleged defect or malfunction of the Product within fourteen (14) days after the expiration of the applicable limited warranty period.
d) The Product serial number plate or the enhancement data code has been removed, defaced or altered.
e) The defect or damage was caused by the defective function of the cellular system or by inadequate signal reception by the external antenna, or viruses or other software problems introduced into the Product.
f) The Product is outside of the one (1) year Limited Warranty period.
7. Straight Talk does not warrant uninterrupted or error-free operation of the Product or service. Straight Talk cannot and does not guarantee that your communications will be private or secure; it is illegal for unauthorized people to intercept your communications, but such interceptions can occur. If a problem develops during the limited warranty period, the Consumer shall contact Straight Talk Customer Care for repair or replacement processing of the Product. Straight Talk shall, at its discretion, provide a replacement product that may consist of a refurbished phone of the same model if available, or of a comparable model.
8. You (the Consumer) understand that the product may consist of refurbished equipment that contains used components, some of which have been reprocessed. The used components comply with Product performance and reliability specifications.
9. STRAIGHT TALK EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE. THE FOREGOING LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE CONSUMER’S SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. STRAIGHT TALK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF ANTICIPATED BENEFITS OR PROFITS, LOSS OF SAVINGS OR REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, PUNITIVE DAMAGES, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF ANY SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT OR FACILITIES, DOWNTIME, THE CLAIMS OF ANY THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING CUSTOMERS, AND INJURY TO PROPERTY, RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM BREACH OF THE WARRANTY, BREACH OF CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EVEN IF STRAIGHT TALK KNEW OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF SUCH DAMAGES. STRAIGHT TALK SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DELAY IN RENDERING SERVICE UNDER THE LIMITED WARRANTY, LOSS OF USE DURING THE PERIOD THAT THE PRODUCT IS RETURNED FOR REPLACEMENT OR WARRANTY SERVICE OR FOR THE LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF CUSTOMER PASSWORDS, PERSONAL INFORMATION, CONTACTS, PICTURES, VIDEOS, APPLICATIONS, MUSIC, RINGTONES OR OTHER CONTENT.
10. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental and consequential damages, so certain of the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you (the Consumer). This limited warranty gives the Consumer specific legal rights and the Consumer may also have other rights which vary from state to state.
11. Straight Talk neither assumes nor authorizes any authorized service center or any other person or entity to assume for it any other obligation or liability beyond that which is expressly provided for in this limited warranty including the provider or seller of any extended warranty or service agreement.
12. This is the entire warranty between Straight Talk and the Consumer, and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements or understandings, oral or written, relating to the Product, and no representation, promise or condition not contained herein shall modify these terms.
13. This limited warranty allocates the risk of failure of the Product between the Consumer and Straight Talk. The allocation is recognized by the Consumer and is reflected in the purchase price.
answered 1 year, 5 months ago
There is no warranty but Wal-mart offers there own warranty for extra. Please read online reviews before buying this phone.
answered 1 year, 6 months ago
There is the 2 year accidental damage protection/warranty you can get with purchase from here or a walmart store
answered 1 year, 6 months ago